#teamsparkle is running the So Cal Ragnar in order to raise awareness & money for Rett Syndrome & Girl Power 2 Cure (a non-profit dedicated to finding a cure for Rett Syndrome). This terrible disease has trapped close to half a million girls in their bodies, leaving them unable to speak, walk, or even use their hands. #teamsparkle is running because these girls can’t, but we believe someday they will!
We will be running 200 miles for 200 girls during our #ragnar4rett adventure. But just because you aren’t running Ragnar with us doesn’t mean you can’t participate… join #teamsparkle and participate in our #ragnar4rett journey by signing up for the #teamsparkle virtual 5k (& yes, ALL profits will be donated to Girl Power 2 Cure).
This year we have THREE different race options to choose from:
- * Race Bib & Medal ($35) – available until we sell out (which we have every year)
- * Race Bib, Medal & Commemorative Shirt ($55) – available until March 8th
- * Race Bib, Medal, Commemorative Shirt, & Limited Edition GP2C Dream Big Running Skirt ($95) – available until Marth 8th
- all profits from the virtual 5K, commemorative t-shirt & limited edition GP2C Dream Big running skirt will be donated to Girl Power 2 Cure.
#teamsparkle Virtual 5K
Participating is easy:
1. Sign up HERE for the #teamsparkle virtual 5k. Registration is open NOW until we sell out. Make sure to sign up your friends & family… the more the merrier.
2. Run/walk/roll at least 3.1 miles (5k) anytime between now and Saturday, April 8nd, 2017. However, we’d suggest you complete the 5k the weekend that we are running Ragnar So Cal (April 7th-8th). will be receiving a real, actual race bib, a beautiful, sparkly, die cast, 2017-edition #teamsparkle medal, and a special edition #ragnar4rett shirt the week of March 27th.
You will be receiving a real, actual race bib, a beautiful, sparkly, die cast, 2017-edition #teamsparkle medal, and a special edition #ragnar4rett shirt the week of March 27th.
3. Share your pictures with the rest of #teamsparkle on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using the hashtags #ragnar4rett and #TeamSparkle. Post pics of your #flatsparkle (the clothes & gear you are rocking), your medal, your run, and anything else you want to share. Although you may be racing virtually, by posting your pics to our Facebook page, or using the hashtags on Instagram & Twitter – we can cheer everyone on!
Although you may be racing virtually, by posting your pics to our Facebook page, or using the hashtags on Instagram & Twitter – we can cheer everyone on!
4. Please share with your friends… our entire goal is to raise awareness and money for Rett Syndrome.
Over the past four years Sparkle Athletic and the #teamsparkle community have raised over $100,000 for Girl Power 2 Cure’s quest to find a cure for Rett Syndrome. Thank YOU for joining our movement and contributing to this amazing cause – we know that one day these girls will thank you to.
Ready to sign up for the #teamsparkle virtual 5K? Check out our website for all the details here.