Rett Fundraising Opportunity
Every year during our Ragnar adventures, each mile our team runs is in honor of a specific child with Rett Syndrome. Being able to run with these specific children in mind is a moving and powerful experience, but has been an experience limited to those participating on our Ragnar team….until this year.
Running and fundraising for a specific child with Rett Syndrome has meant so much to us, that we want to offer this same experience to our #teamsparkle community. This year, in addition to our annual #teamsparkle virtual 5k, we are offering the opportunity for members of our community to dedicate their run to a specific child with Rett Syndrome and help raise money in their honor for Girl Power 2 Cure.
Participating is easy:
- 1. “Purchase” this product to indicate your interest – we will contact you with all the details.
2. Sign up for the #teamsparkle virtual 5k here. Registration is open NOW until we sell out.
3. Create a Fundraising page here. After creating your page, you will receive the picture and biography of the child you have been connected with. We encourage you to share their story with your friends and family in an effort to help you raise funds & awareness of Rett Syndrome. Feel free to set your fundraising goal as high (or low) as YOU are comfortable with… every dollar counts!
4. Run/walk/roll at least 3.1 miles (5k) anytime between now and Saturday, April 13th, 2019. However, we’d suggest you complete the 5k the weekend that we are running Ragnar So Cal (April 12th-13th). You will be receiving a real, actual race bib AND a beautiful, sparkly, die cast, 2019-edition #teamsparkle medal (as part of the #teamsparkle virtual 5k). Medals will ship the week of March 25th.
5. Share your pictures with the rest of #teamsparkle on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using the hashtags #ragnar4rett and #teamsparkle. Post pics of your #flatsparkle (the clothes & gear you are rocking), your medal, your run, and anything else you want to share. Although you may be racing virtually, by posting your pics to our Facebook page, or using the hashtags on Instagram & Twitter – we can cheer everyone on!