2013 San Francisco Rock ‘n Roll Half
1. Name: Rossana
2.Tell us about your race experience: I’ve been running since 2010. I’ve completed a few 5K’s, about a dozen half’s, three marathons, and one ultra.
3. What race did you run? Inaugural Transamerica San Francisco Rock n Roll Half
4. Why did you sign up for this race? I’m from the Bay Area and moved away in 1993. I really missed the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a chance to run the Bridge with family and see the California coastline again. Besides, it was the Inaugural!
5. What/who inspires you to run? Being alive makes me want to run. I’m a cancer survivor, and running was my pick for celebration and medicine.
6. What is your best training tip? Carry your own water. Hydration really matters. My first coach warned me that there are races that run out of water – that felt like some one was telling me there is no Santa Claus!
7. Water or Sports Drink? Water
8. Tell us about the outcome of the race: I completed the race in 3:13:00. That’s my normal pace, but I was surprised because I took so many pictures with volunteers, familiar faces on the course, and especially of the Bridge. I was happy to be done. It was a greatly support race, not to mention so scenic and fun.
9. Your favorite post-race indulgence? One of the sponsors was Jamba Juice, so there were smoothies at the finish line! I had to have the smoothie with a banana, and polish those off with chocolate milk. I felt so much better.
10. Favorite part of racing in a Sparkle Skirt? It felt like I was on the red carpet – so many compliments and runners asking me where I got my skirt. It was a pretty way to jazz up my outfit. I felt sparkly because the skirt sparkled.
Follow Rossana on Twitter at @merlot1300
The Traveling Sparkle Skirts are a pair of Sparkle Athletic Running Skirts (one Hot Pink & one Turquoise) that travel the globe spreading the Sparkle Athletic love. Read more stories of the Traveling Sparkle Skirts HERE.