2013 Papa John’s 10 Miler
1. Name: Samantha
2.Tell us about your race experience: I was a High School/College track and cross country runner. I specialized in the mile, half mile and two mile in high school. My University was more about long distance so in college I ran the 5k and 10k during track season.
3. What race did you run? Papa John’s 10 miler
4. Why did you sign up for this race? I am training for the derby mini marathon in April and Louisville has what they call the triple crown leading up to the Mini/full marathon. I have not raced in many years and was very worried about doing the mini so it seemed only logical to do the 5k, 10k, and 10 miler to build my confidence for the actual mini.
5. What/who inspires you to run? What inspires me to run? Not exactly sure…I think part of it is to return to the “Glory Days” when I felt like I was someone because I could win races. I also love to hit the pavement when I need a stress relief, it i just me and the road. Of all the sports I played, running was my favorite because it was all about what I put into training and not about how others prepared.
After getting married and having four kids I felt like I had no identity anymore and racing makes me feel like me again.
6. What is your best training tip? Just do it…Especially when you don’t feel like it.
7. Water or Sports Drink? Water all the way! I also drink Zija for a nutritional supplement.
8. Tell us about the outcome of the race:
Chip time 1:22.15
31st in my age group
153 out of 3446 women
747 out of 6180 overall
Pace was 8:13 per mile
9. Your favorite post-race indulgence? A nap! Although I would love to indulge in a post race leg message 😀
10. Favorite part of racing in a Sparkle Skirt? I love feeling pretty while I run!
The Traveling Sparkle Skirts are a pair of Sparkle Athletic Running Skirts (one Hot Pink & one Turquoise) that travel the globe spreading the Sparkle Athletic love. Read more stories of the Traveling Sparkle Skirts HERE.