2012 St. Malachi 5 Miler: Heather
1. Name: Heather
2.Tell us about your race experience: I’ve run 3 marathons and multiple halfs, 5ks, 10ks, etc. I was the running coach for Team Challenge for 2 seasons, too, which was an amazing experience.
3. What race did you run? The St. Malachi 5 Miler
4. Why did you sign up for this race? It’s the first official race of the year in Cleveland. It’s one of the most popular races in Cleveland and there’s always a huge turnout. This year was no exception!
5. What/who inspires you to run? My son inspires me every day. I run to stay healthy and sane. I truly believe that a happy mom is a good mom!
6. What is your best training tip? Don’t overtrain. When the schedule says rest, then rest. Sometimes it’s hard to do, but your body will thank you. Rest (and cupcakes!) is good for the soul.
7. Water or Sports Drink? Smart Water
8. Tell us about the outcome of the race: I killed it! Smashed my PR! I ran the 5 mile race in 42:05 (8:25 minute/mile) – the last time I ran this race I ran it in 44:50! It hurt, but also hurt so good. 🙂
9. Your favorite post-race indulgence? A big bagel with peanut butter. Bagels are always my little reward after a job well done!
10. Favorite part of racing in a Sparkle Skirt? It made me happy. Maybe it was the glitter, maybe it was the fact I was passing guys in a skirt, maybe it was the bright colors, but whatever it was it made me a happy girl that day.
Blog: Mile 26 and More
Race recap HERE
Follow Heather on Twitter at @heatha262
The Traveling Sparkle Skirts are a pair of Team Sparkle Running Skirts (one Hot Pink & one Turquoise) that travel the globe spreading the Team Sparkle love. Read more stories of the Traveling Sparkle Skirts HERE.
: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/users/sparkleathletic/apps/sparkleathletic/public/wp-content/themes/jgdesigns/single.php
on line 40