1. Name: Kimi
2.Tell us about your race experience: I’ve been a runner off and on since middle school running track and cross country in high school and college. After a few years of not enough running I finally got back into after the birth of my son and haven’t looked back since. Last year I completed my first marathon and am looking forward to years of running to come!
3. What race did you run? I requested the pink traveling sparkle skirt for the St. Malachi 5-Miler in Cleveland, OH. This is the first big race of the 2012 race season around here and I wanted to make a splash and kick off my season with some fun!
4. Why did you sign up for this race? It was my first race post-baby where I really fell in love with running again so I couldn’t wait to return this year and crush my previous time!
5. What/who inspires you to run? Running is my form of religion. I don’t go to church, but pounding the pavement for miles with time to think, reflect, dream, struggle, triumph and a million other things is how I keep my life together. I’m also inspired by my friends! I have a lot of very dedicated and talented running buddies.
6. What is your best training tip? Body glide!
7. Water or Sports Drink? I’m a nuun addict! I discovered it last year and haven’t looked back since.
8. Tell us about the outcome of the race: I totally crushed my goals during this race! I beat my previous course time by 9 minutes! 5 miles in 43:35 for a new 5 mile PR!
9. Your favorite post-race indulgence? Chocolate milk
10. Favorite part of racing in a Sparkle Skirt? It was fun for so many other runners to tell me they loved my skirt, plus it’s fun to feel fast and cute at the same time!
Blog: A Slice of Kiwi
Race recap HERE
Follow Kimi on Twitter at @kimikay
The Traveling Sparkle Skirts are a pair of Sparkle Athletic Running Skirts (one Hot Pink & one Turquoise) that travel the globe spreading the Sparkle Athletic love. Read more stories of the Traveling Sparkle Skirts HERE.