1. Name: Jennifer
2.Tell us about your past race/running experience: I started running a little over 5 years ago to take off the baby weight. Slowly running turned into an addiction.
3. What race did you run? Maine Marathon – Portland, Maine
4. Why did you sign up for this race? My running girls and I trained for our 1st half marathon last year. Immediately after crossing the finish line, I said “I’m going to run the full next year” and I did!
5. What/who inspires you to run? My husband is my inspiration to run. He is a runner and we both enjoy running. Unfortunately, it’s challenging for us to get out on runs together with his work schedule and the kids, but when we do, it’s incredible. We also want our kids to be part of our active lifestyle and promote fitness and happiness into their lives. My son will be running his 1st 5k on October 30th.
6. What is your best training tip? Listen to your body, eat well, rest, hydrate & do not overtrain!
7. Water or Sports Drink? Water all the way!
8. Tell us about the outcome of the race: Finishing the marathon was the most thrilling experience. I ran the race with my training partner & we stuck together for the entire 26.2 miles. We even crossed the finish line together, holding hands. We completed the marathon, in horrible downpour/windy conditions in 4:15 (9:45 pace).
9. Your favorite post-race indulgence? Pizza!
10. Favorite part of racing in a Sparkle Skirt? All of the compliments from fellow runners, volunteers, and spectators! The skirt was a hit! Several volunteers for the race told me that I definitely won best outfit, handsdown.
Blog: Running with the Girls
Race recap HERE
Follow Jennifer on Twitter at @runningwtg
The Traveling Sparkle Skirts are a pair of Sparkle Athletic Running Skirts (one Hot Pink & one Turquoise) that travel the globe spreading the Sparkle Athletic love. Read more stories of the Traveling Sparkle Skirts HERE.