2010 Run Like Hell Half Marathon
1. Name: Jenna
2.Tell us about your past race/running experience: This was my very first half marathon. It was quite the experience. The weather was rainy and windy for the majority of the run and while I am used to that being an Oregon native, it was hard conditions for a first half. There were lots of hills and the course was rough, but I am very glad I did it. I had a great time!
3. What race did you run? Run Like Hell Half Marathon in Portland Oregon
4. Why did you sign up for this race? I have been training and getting back into running and I wanted to have a goal to shoot for to keep myself motivated to run. This was it!
5. What/who inspires you to run? I like to keep in shape and physically fit, so running helps with that. Additionally, I am a law student and have a very hectic and stressful life and it is nice to have running set aside for my own personal “me” time. It is a good stress reliever and a nice escape from the real world at times.
6. What is your best training tip? Make sure to rest when you are injured, but also be sure to not skimp on your workouts, especially when you are training for a race. I skimped on a few of my final long runs while I was training for this half and I think that showed in my performance
7. Water or Sports Drink? Water
8. Tell us about the outcome of the race: I finished in 2:51:51. My goal had been 2:30. Quite a ways off. I was having trouble at multiple points during the race and had to walk/slow jog a bit, but I never once quit, and I am happy for that.
9. Favorite part of racing in a Sparkle Skirt? People noticed me!
Race recap HERE.
The Traveling Sparkle Skirts are a pair of Sparkle Athletic Running Skirts (one Hot Pink & one Turquoise) that travel the globe spreading the Sparkle Athletic love. Read more stories of the Traveling Sparkle Skirts HERE.