1.Name: Mandy & Jenny
2.Tell us about your past race/running experience: Mandy began running for fitness at age 17 with her dad; St. Louis Marathon in 2008; Southern Illinois Tunnel Run 2009; and after an injury and disappointing marathon in 2008 (that she finished!) she is currently training for this year’s St. Louis Marathon with the hope that she stays injury-free. Last year, Mandy and Jenny both ran theRiver to River Relay in Southern Illinois together being the only two members of their team to run all three of their legs of the race.
3. What race did you run? We wore the adorable sparkle skirts in the Lost Dutchman 10k, which is part of the Lost Dutchman Marathon race day.
4. Why did you sign up for this race? After Jenny moved to Arizona, these best friends were determined to race together again, so they found a race the same weekend as a planned trip to celebrate Jenny’s twin daughters’ 8th birthday.
5. What/who inspires you to run? Mandy couldn’t do it without her running buddies and it feels good to have a goal and accomplish it! Jenny’s family inspire her to race. She wants to create a healthy and active lifestyle for her children and, frankly, wants to keep herself in excellent condition so she can chase all 4 of her kids around!
6. What is your best training tip? Mandy: run with friends; make sure you have the right shoes; incorporate other activities (yoga, weight lifting, squats!) Jenny: If you aren’t feeling it, think about how bad you’ll feel if you don’t get out there and move. Even if you just take a walk, get out there, in the gym, in the pool, on the track and you may end up pushing yourself to train.
7. Water or Sports Drink? Both ladies go for the water.
8. Tell us about the outcome of the race: Mandy said, ‘we so totally rock!’ and “ËœI would totally rather run this 10k with Jenny than do just about anything else.’ This was Jenny’s first 10k and she was quite proud to have only walked about 100 yards at mile 4. And both ladies crossed the finish line with a time of 1:03:05.
9. Your favorite post-race indulgence? Mandy: margaritas, Jenny: Chocolate
10. Favorite part of racing in a Sparkle Skirt? Both gals were utterly thrilled to run together in such an incredible place.
The Traveling Sparkle Skirts are a pair of Sparkle Athletic Running Skirts (one Hot Pink & one Turquoise) that travel the globe spreading the Sparkle Athletic love. Read more stories of the Traveling Sparkle Skirts HERE.