1. Name: Kim
2.Tell us about your past race/running experience: I ran my first half in May 2010, in Eugene. Since then, I’ve been able to run halfs in Oregon, Washington and Hawaii. I also joined the Half Fanatics in July (#485).
3. What race did you run? This was the first running of this race and the first time Oregon has had a half in December. I also want to run 12 halfs in 365 days between May 2010 and 2011, and this was #10
4. Why did you sign up for this race? I love racing. It keeps me motivated and gives me something to train for.
5. What/who inspires you to run? So many women/moms that blog about their running experiences. My husband calls them my “imaginary friends”. I’ve learned so much from these ladies, and have actually met many of them in person, at races, over the last few months.
6. What is your best training tip? Cross training, stretching and yoga. I am trying to take better care of myself so I can race injury free for many more halfs.
7. Water or Sports Drink? Water. Don’t try anything new during a race!
8. Tell us about the outcome of the race: This was my 4th half in 23 days. It was a festive Christmas race with runners in Santa costumes, reindeer antlers and wrapped as presents. I enjoyed running with my husband, I really wanted to PR, but came up short. I finished in 2:01:42, a good time anyway. The medals we received for finishing are actual cowbells!
9. Your favorite post-race indulgence? After this race they served egg nog! I love egg nog. After other halfs, I deserve a cheeseburger and fries.
10. Favorite part of racing in a Sparkle Skirt? I liked having the perfect outfit to wear to a Christmas themed race. I received lots of compliments on the skirt.
Pre-Race post HERE & Race recap HERE
The Traveling Sparkle Skirts are a pair of Sparkle Athletic Running Skirts (one Hot Pink & one Turquoise) that travel the globe spreading the Sparkle Athletic love. Read more stories of the Traveling Sparkle Skirts HERE.